It’s the third edition of the series in which we attempt to rank the Atlantic Coast Conference football teams in our weekly power rankings series. There are no divisions this year, and Notre Dame is somehow a member of the conference to add to the weirdness of the season. Without further ado, here are the rankings:
1) Clemson Tigers (5-0, 4-0)
Last Week: 1 (No Change)
2) Miami Hurricanes (4-1, 3-1)
Last Week: 2 (No Change)
3) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-0, 3-0)
Last Week: 3 (No Change)
4) Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1, 3-1)
Last Week: 6 (+2 Spots)
5) North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1, 3-1)
Last Week: 4 (-1 Spot)
6) NC State Wolfpack (4-1, 4-1)
Last Week: 5 (-1 Spot)
7) Boston College Eagles (3-2, 2-2)
Last Week: 7 (No Change)
T-8) Pittsburgh Panthers (3-3, 2-3)
Last Week: 8 (No Change)
T-8) Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-2, 2-3)
Last Week: 10 (+2 Spots)
10) Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-2, 1-2)
Last Week: 12 (+2 Spots)
11) Virginia Cavaliers (1-3, 1-3)
Last Week: 9 (-2 Spots)
12) Florida State Seminoles (2-3, 1-3)
Last Week: 15 (+3 Spots)
T-13) Louisville Cardinals (1-3, 0-3)
Last Week: T-13 (No Change)
14) Duke Blue Devils (1-5, 1-5)
Last Week: 11 (-3 Spots)
15) Syracuse Orange (1-4, 1-3)
Last Week: T-13 (-2 Spots)
1. Clemson - LOL X3
2. Miami - They tried against Clemson? You can’t really punish a team for losing to Clemson.
3. Notre Dame: Clemson is going to be the tar out of this team.
4. Virginia Tech: Hooker and Herbert are elite. Still no idea whatsoever what they were doing vs UNC to start.
5. UNC - I said last week the clock would strike midnight soon and it finally did. AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
6. NC State: Losing Leary to a dirty hit sucks so badly for them. Hopefully, they can keep things together.
7. Pitt - Kenny Pickett can only do so much when they cant run the ball and the defense drops like flies. And now miss extra points? And now Narduzzi doesnt like going for the win?
8. Wake Forest: Good win last week but still need to get healthy, defense dropping like flies.
9. Boston College: A lot of work still to be done but that defense and Hunter Long is going to keep them in a lot of ball games.
10. Georgia Tech: This team is just annoying
11. FSU: Thanks for beating UNC!
12. Louisville - Can Tutu Atwell transfer to Wake? Wasting that talent.
13. Virginia - I have so many questions about all the transfers these guys brought in, seems... not that impactful. Also Lindell Stone stinks.
14. Duke: LOL Chase Brice is even worse than I thought.
15. Syracuse: This team is inexcusably bad.
The Clemson Tier
Teams that are very good but nowhere near Clemson
3. Notre Dame
Teams that pretty good, but not yet in the upper tiers
4. Virginia Tech
5. NC State
Teams that sometimes look good but also sometimes look really bad
7. Georgia Tech
8. Boston College
9. Wake Forest
Teams that are bad
12. Florida State
Teams that need to win an ACC game to move up to the bad tier
1) Clemson: They ONLY scored 73 points last week...
2) Notre Dame: They’re gonna have an off day against a decent team and loose.
3) Miami: Looked good other than against Clemson, but who doesn't Clemson make look bad?
4) Virginia Tech: They have the potential to be really good when everyone is healthy and score a ton of points.
5) North Carolina: Lol at the loss to Florida State and the fact that Mack is 0-10 all-time against the Seminoles.
6) NC State: The injury to Leary is brutal, as that offense was really starting to click with him running it.
7) Boston College: I’m still not sure what to make of this team.
8) Pitt: See above description of BC.
9) Georgia Tech: They’ve shown great potential, but still have a long way to go.
10) Wake: Can we please figure out some things on defense? Also Kenneth Walker III is ELITE.
11) Virginia: Lindell Stone isn't going to cut it at QB. They need a true QB in there.
12) Florida State: Good win over UNC, but still a LONG way to go.
13) Louisville: They just can't seem to get things to click so far. Tutu Atwell needs help.
14) Duke: This is one of Cutcliffe’s worst teams and Chase Brice has looked really bad so far.
15) Syracuse: One of the worst teams I have seen in a long time. It’s gonna be a long year for them.
It’s still a very odd season. These rankings will change every week (except Clemson barring a shocking upset). Do you agree with our rankings? Comment below.