- Established 1866
- Located in Towson, Baltimore County, Maryland
- 22,285 students
- $71 million endowment
- #8 Master’s Program (Public-North) According to US News and World Report, 2010
- Motto: Apparently none? But their colors are black and gold! Impeccable taste.
Other Noteworthy Facts
- Their mascot is Doc The Tiger. Doc has his own Wikipedia page. Doc is named after longtime faculty member Donald “Doc” Minnegan.
- Before being the Tigers, Towson’s mascot was the Golden Knights.
- Towson’s wireless network is one of the largest in the Baltimore Metro Area. Spiffy!
- The campus has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2050. Hopefully we’re not all dead by then! Or living in Waterworld. God that movie was terrible Think I’d take the first one, really.
Alright, this section is badass Get ready.
- Actor Charles S. Dutton, featured in no less than three films featured on my favorite comedy podcast, We Hate Movies
- Former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, WCW and WWE star, actress, and George Clooney paramour Stacy Kiebler
- John Kassir, THE FRIGGIN’ CRYPT KEEPER, Y’ALL
- Comedian Amy Schumer
- Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs
- American Ninja Warrior standout and recent WWE signee Kacy Catanzaro
- John Christ, former Danzig guitarist
- Longest Tenured Coach: Phil Albert, 20 seasons
- Wins Leader: Albert, 117–91–3
- All-Time Record: 262–235–4 (.527)
- Postseason Record: 6-6, including 2 national title game appearances
- Surprising Fact: The Towson Stadium is named after Johnny Unitas, despite the fact that he is not an alumnus
Other Things I Learned Writing This Article
- The Crypt Keeper and Stacy Kiebler have something in common. It’s stunning enough I have to mention it twice
- Towson has only had four head coaches in football ever, despite playing for 47 years. Impressive job security.
That’s everything for this week! Thanks for reading, and as always, Go Deacs!