- Established March 2, 1877
- Located in Raleigh, North Carolina
- 32,113 students
- $1.4 billion endowment
- #81 Nationally Among Universities According to US News and World Report
- Motto: Think And Do
Other Noteworthy Facts
- The University is the largest in either Carolina.
- NC State has a Clogging Team. Seriously. What?
- NC State runs a yearly charity event called the Krispy Kreme Challenge, and it's really cool. It involves running a 4K to a Krispy Kreme, eating a dozen donuts, and running back in under an hour. Here's the cool part. The proceeds go to the North Carolina Children's Hospital. As of 2018, the race has brought in over $1.5 million. Good on ya, NC State. Good on ya.
- NC State has its own African American focused newspaper called The Nubian Message, first published in 1992.
- Zach Galifinakis (didn't graduate)
- Comedian Jon Reep
- John Tesh
- Country singer Scotty McCreery
- Good Mythical Morning host Rhett McLaughlin
- Actress/model Jill Wagner
- Longest Tenured Coach: Earle Edwards, 16 years
- Wins Leader: Edwards, 77–88–8
- All-Time Record: 598–573–55 (.510)
- Postseason Record: 17–13–1 (.565)
- Surprising Fact: No coach with more than 100 games coached at State has a +.500 record.
Other Things I Learned Writing This Article
- The only "Directional Carolina" school that doesn't have a specific Wikipedia entry for the rivalry with State is Western Carolina.
That's all for this week. We're so screwed. On to the next. Go Deacs.