- Jaylen Hoard took over late. He finished with 15 points and went 5-8 from the line in a tight game with a lot of fouls.
- Chaundee Brown didn't play as much as he possibly should have, but man, he had a stretch of really rough shots where he just jacked up threes with the game on a razor thin margin and Wake Forest already in the bonus.
- I'm not even mentioning shooting percentages because they were just so bad across the board it's not really worth talking about. I don't think we'll shoot that badly the rest of the season.
- Shout out to Sunday Okeke, who had a very productive 4 offensive boards and 1 assist in 9 minutes, including two emphatic putback dunks in clutch situations.
- As bad as our shooting was, the Deacs had 13 assists on 20 made baskets. I like that.
- We should have pulled away much quicker, but before going on the 10-0 run to put it away, every time we took a lead, we'd give up a basket on the other end. Still, that 10-0 run was pretty great, and if we're being honest was probably more indicative of how the game should have looked, at least offensively.
Wake Forest now is 2-1, and plays in the fifthplace game Sunday morning (yuck). My 2-1 tournament prediction is still feasible but man are we ever getting there in a different way than I anticipated.
On to the next. Go Deacs.