- Established 1851
- Located in Tallahassee, Florida
- 41,900 students
- $707 million endowment
- #26 Nationally Among Public Universities According to US News and World Report, 2019
- Motto: Vires, artes, mores (Strength, Skill, Character)
Other Noteworthy Facts
- FSU has a graduate program specifically for acting. That's pretty cool!
- FSU has both an on campus bowling alley AND an on campus movie theater.
- FSU has many club sports, one of which is Battleship. Seriously. That in mind I'm a little surprised to not see Quidditch listed.
- FSU has two TV stations and FOUR radio stations. I know it's a much bigger campus but holy moly.
- WWE legends Ron "Farooq" Simmons and all time great jobber Barry Horowitz, as well as other pro wrestling personalities such as C.J. "Lana" Perry, announcer Kevin Kelly, and Michelle McCool, former WWE Women's champion and wife of THE FREAKING UNDERTAKER.
- Matt Chapman, co-creator of Homestar Runner
- Burt Reynolds. Need I say more?
- National treasure Richard Simmons
- Academy Award winner Faye Dunaway
- Model, columnist, actress, and former cheerleader Jenn Sterger, who was responsible for the world learning way more than most wanted about Bret Favre
- Leonard Skinner, namesake of legendary rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Longest Tenured Coach: Bobby Bowden, 34 years (woah)
- Wins Leader: Bowden, 304–97–4, not counting a vacated season
- All-Time Record: 549–259–18 (.676)
- Bowl Record: 28–16–3 (.628)
- Surprising Fact: Bobby Bowden lost only 8 fewer games than Jimbo Fisher coached there, and yet Bowden nearly matched Fisher's win percentage (.756 vs. .783). That's nuts.
Other Things I Learned Writing This Article
- There has yet to be an ACC school this season without a connection to pro wrestling.
- Speaking of, maybe the fact that Kevin Kelly went to FSU played into why Miami grad The Rock clowned him on screen so much.
That's all for this week folks. Let's get it done on Saturday. On to the next. Go Deacs.