The Wake Forest 2018-19 football schedule was released today at 2 PM by the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Out of conference the Deacs play: @ Tulane, Towson, Notre Dame, and Rice.
In the ACC Wake plays:
Home: Boston College, Clemson, Syracuse, and Pitt
Road: Florida State, Louisville, N.C. State, and Duke
Without further ado, here is the full schedule and when we play:
WAKE FOREST— Les Johns (@Les_Johns) January 17, 2018
Aug. 30 at Tulane (Thurs.)
Sept. 8 TOWSON
Sept. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE (Thurs.)
Sept. 22 NOTRE DAME
Sept. 29 RICE
Oct. 6 CLEMSON
Oct. 20 at Florida State
Oct. 27 at Louisville
Nov. 3 SYRACUSE
Nov. 8 at NC State (Thurs.)
Nov. 17 PITT
Nov. 24 at Duke
Some brief thoughts:
- The Deacs start out with a very manageable slate, knocking out the entire non-conference schedule in the first five weeks of the year. At Tulane will be a tougher task than most people think, so a win at Yulman on Thursday night would be a good start to the year.
- Bart lucked out since he decided to have his wedding on October 13th, and Wake Forest gets a bye there.
- The ACC did absolutely no favors to Wake if it wants any shot at being a dark horse contender in the Atlantic. The Deacs get Clemson, BYE, @ Florida State, and @ Louisville in October. What a month.
- Five straight home games after the away game at Tulane, including a Thursday night tilt against Boston College. The Deacs also travel to Raleigh on a Thursday night, which will be a tough atmosphere.
- Wake will FINALLY play Pittsburgh in football, welcoming the Panthers to Winston-Salem on November 17th.
- Overall the Deacs have a chance to get out to a 4-1 start before the gauntlet in the middle of the season.