Football season just started, but as the saying goes, basketball never stops. And to that point, the ACC has just released the conference schedule for the 2017-2018 season. So let’s take a look, and all give a few of my thoughts on the schedule.
- The Deacs have 4 nationally televised games on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU during conference play.
- The Deacs open up on the road at UNC on December 30th on ESPN. After a relatively easier non conference schedule, opening with the defending national champions on the road will be quite the challenge.
- Wake’s first home game is January 3rd against Syracuse. This should be a winnable game, but the scheduling makes it a little tougher since there will likely be very few students back from break. The Deacs will need those who can make it to the game to be loud enough to make up for the missing student section (The Forest? The 6th Mann? The Screamin Demons? I don’t know what they are right now).
- Undoubtedly the toughest part of the schedule is the stretch that starts in the middle of January with @Duke, @State, UVA, Duke, @Louisville. Duke twice in 10 days and UVA, Duke, @Louisville all in under a week is an arduous stretch of games for the Deacs. As the saying goes, the same hammer that shatters glass forges steel, so this should be a great opprotunity for Wake to show the nation what they are made of.
- After January, the schedule gets a bit easier, with the toughest games likely being @Miami on ESPN2, @Syracuse, and Notre Dame.
What are your thoughts on the ACC schedule? What are your predictions?