Continuing with our Q&A session, I sat down with our friend AIkman Chambers of UnderDog Dynasty. Thanks so much for answering our questions!
1) How do you expect the team to rebound after what was nothing short of a nailbiter against Texas State?
Texas State was a game not many Appalachian State fans expected to be as close as it was. Appalachian has not been in that many nailbiter Sun Belt games since moving up and in a way this may be a good thing to reset the focus so I expect a good rebound focused team come Saturday.
2) What should Demon Deacon fans expect out of touted QB Taylor Lamb
You need to know 3 things about Taylor Lamb.
- He is not flashy, and he does not do anything that makes you say "Oh My God" did he just do that?
- Since he is a dual threat QB he can run really well with the ball as well with his passing ability.
- He wins. He is one of the winningest QBs App State has had andthe kid just wins he knows how to win and that speaks volumes.
3) What players(offense besides Lamb and defense) are you looking at to make the biggest impact in this game?
On offense look for Terrence Upshaw as he has had the better year than Jalin Moore at this point of the season. Wide Reciver Thomas Hennigan is a Freshman who played at nearby Northwest Guilford High School and has been a really good player at receiver and at punt returner. Defense wise, Eric Boggs & Clifton Duck are the leaders of this defense. Boggs at linebacker and then Duck at corner, but Anthony Flory has been a great player so far this season also for App State.
4)What makes this team different than other App State teams in the past
This App state team is as mixed with youth and experience as I have seen. We have some young players better than the seniors, but also a lot of talented seniors as well. This App team as a lot of guys besides Lamb that know what it takes to win and that’s a great thing to have is that mental mindset as we prepare for our Sun Belt Ring Quest 2017.
5) Prediction in Boone?
In my season preview for App State I predicted a Mountaineer upset of Wake Forest but I have since then retracted that. The offense for Wake has been a machine and Wolford has been playing good football. Wake is a very balanced team and I believe you guys may have just a little too much for us. Wake-34 App- 20