Wake Forest wrapped up its spring season yesterday and we are officially done with football and basketball for the 2016-17 season (well at least as playing goes).
A feature that a lot of people usually ask for is a projected two-deep depth chart of the offense and defense. While these types of things are extremely hit and miss given the time between now and August, it is a good exercise to get a general idea of how the team will stack up from an experience standpoint next year.
There will almost assuredly be positions we are off on, but this is fun to look back on once the season starts and the actual two-deep is announced.
Without further ado, here is the Blogger So Dear projected depth chart as things stand right now:
Notes on the Chart
- While a lot of positions are held by upperclassmen, a few positions that we want to keep an eye on are: Left Tackle (Benzinger and Herron), QB (Wolford and Hinton), Slot Receiver (Hines and Dortch), and the CB position (a plethora of freshmen could be a factor here to pass Bassey and Henderson)
- Dayton Diemel and Garrett Wilson will presumably be in an open competition for the long snapper role. Wilson is on scholarship, but lost the job to Diemel last year.
- Once again, we are unsure on the status of Zeek Rodney, but he will almost assuredly start if/when he returns. Yarbary takes over for the recently dismissed Chris Stewart.
- There are a lot of red-shirt and true juniors in this lineup, and 77% of the projected starters in this depth chart are either juniors or seniors.
- There are still no seniors at all on the offensive side of the ball, while there are four on the defensive side of things.