After a huge win last weekend over State, the Deacs return home this Saturday to take on the Duke Blue Devils (5-6). The outcome of this game could go on to have big bowl implications as Duke fights for eligibility and Wake Forest tries to cement their position in a tier 1 bowl. I’m already in Thanksgiving mode, so this edition is going to be a bit abbreviated. Here are the players to watch:
Offense: Shaun Wilson | Senior RB | #29
- Rushing: 129 carries, 705 yards (6.6 avg), 5 TD
- Receiving: 30 receptions, 212 yards, 3 TD
- Threat in both the passing and running game: 1st on the team in rushing yards, 3rd on the team in receptions
- Leads receivers and backs with 8 total TDs
- 73 rushing yards, 36 receiving yards for 2 TDs, 1-1 passing with 1 TD last week
- As a punt/kick returner, he has great vision running in the open field. The Deacs will need to make keeping him contained a priority.
- The Devils rediscovered the run game last week, rushing for 319 yards in a win over GT, so expect a heavy dose of the run this Saturday
Defense: Joe Giles-Harris | (RS) Sophomore LB | #44
- 1st Team Freshman All American last season with 107 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 4 sacks, and 1 interception, Honorable mention All ACC and Academic All ACC selection
- 4th Team All ACC preseason selection by Athlon Sports
- 110 total tackles, 14 TFL, 2.5 sackes, 1 interception, 4 passed defended, and 1 forced fumble this season
- 12th in the nation in tackles and 2nd in the ACC behind Micah Kiser
- Double digit tackles in 5 of Duke’s 11 games
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and Go Deacs!