- Our defense is really, really good. If they hadn’t run into such a buzzsaw in the first quarter, who knows what would’ve happened?
- i kind of want Kyle Kearns to start next week. John Wolford is probably a better scrambler, but Kearns seems to be better at traditional quarterbacking. His ball fakes are BEAUTIFUL and he seems to have nicer touch on short throws.
- That said, Kearns started REALLY rough, not that I blame the poor guy facing that defense in his first start, and I’m so glad he settled down as time went on.
- Dabo going for that onside kick...really, bruh?
- Clemson is legit, though, and if anyone is going to beat Alabama in the playoff, I’d wager it’s either OSU or Clemson.
- I can’t decide if I really respect Clemson’s fanbase or can’t stand them. Can it be both? Let me be clear, I have not personally had a bad experience one on one with a Clemson fan and the fact that they travel so well is 100% admirable, no two ways about it. But Lord, those cheers and chants so deafening in our own stadium made me grind my teeth.
- I feel for Kearns. He should’ve had a TD twice over, and Cam Serigne and Chuck Wade just stonehanded him on subsequent downs. Fair play to the receivers though, they allegedly said “my bad” and apologized to Kyle afterwards, owning their mistakes. Love that teamwork and leadership.
- That weather was BRUTAL. Just brutal. Shocked there weren’t more drops.
Hate to say it, but I think that’s mostly it for me. Onward and upward, I hope. Let’s get College of Charleston. On to the next. Go Deacs.