Eli Wright, arguably Wake Forest's top 2016 shooting guard target, will not be taking his official visit to Wake Forest this weekend as originally planned. Instead, the Kentucky native will take an official visit to Miami. Wright told Ned Harwood of Blogger So Dear that he still intends to take an official visit to Wake Forest, but typically rescheduling official visits is not a good thing. Earlier this week, Wright indicated that he would take an official visit to Oklahoma State at some point in the future. The key will be whether or not Wake Forest actually does get an opportunity to host Wright on an official visit.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eli Wright, a talented 2016 wing, will take an official visit to Miami this weekend, he says. Was originally scheduled to visit Wake Forest.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/626116426659708929">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Wright has been one of the fastest rising prospects in the country over the past several weeks due to his outstanding performances on the AAU circuit. The 6'4" shooting guard is now healthy and over the past two weeks picked up offers from Florida, UNLV, Iowa State, and UConn. To the best of my knowledge, Richard Washington Jr., another one of Wake Forest's top wing targets, is still expected to take his official visit to Wake Forest this weekend.
Blogger So Dear will continue to follow the situation with Eli Wright, and track Wake Forest's chances with him.