The Wake Forest football team was back in full pads on Friday morning. They will have another practice tomorrow afternoon before having their first fall scrimmage on Sunday at 5 p.m. at BB&T Field. Below are some observations I made.
- I'll start with the caveat that due to a 7 a.m. start and my work schedule I did not get to watch the entire practice.
- Coach Clawson has yet to name a starter, but I believe I'm ready to predict that freshman John Wolford will be the starter when the Deacs take on ULM. He is now getting the first 1st-team reps during drills in addition to 11-on-11 situations. I would expect him to play with the 1st-team during Sunday's scrimmage.
- Allen Ramsey has missed practice the past two days due to a concussion he suffered in a drill on Wednesday.
- Ryan Janvion returned to practice today after leaving yesterday's practice early.
- Kevin Johnson participated in drills, but did not do any hitting.
- Jared Crump was not seen at today's practice. He suffered an injury and the team is taking precautions with him.
I'm sorry this one was a bit shorter. I hope to see you guys out there on Sunday. The players are not scheduled to arrive until 4:55 p.m., so be advised that the scrimmage itself may not start until closer to 5:30 p.m.