It was another early morning for the Wake Forest football team at the Doc Martin Football Practice Complex. It's still early, but I believe there is now more of a sense of the depth chart. That said, we'll know a lot more after Sunday's scrimmage. Here are some of my observations from practice this morning.
- Antonio Ford was a full participant in practice today. The offensive lineman left practice early yesterday, so that was an encouraging sign for Deacon fans and the coaching staff.
- Matt James has been getting first team reps and could very well be a starting wide receiver against ULM.
- Coach Scheier and others were building the kickoff return. Orville Reynolds, Merrill Noel and Johnny Armstrong appear to be three kick return candidates.
- Jalen Latter was playing some nickel corner today and could emerge as the third cornerback on the roster behind Kevin Johnson and Merrill Noel. Allen Ramsey is another candidate for this position.
- Josh Banks had several nice moves during live drills and has probably solidified a starting position on the defensive line.
- The quarterbacks were working on audibles and various checks.
- Wolford was getting the first reps with the first team during 11 on 11 situations. During this portion the offense primarily works on various down and distance situations. Tyler Cameron was also receiving reps during this portion of practice. Again, Sunday should be very telling with regards to the quarterback battle.
We will have another recap for you all tomorrow around 9:00 a.m. Go Deacs!