Today, Paul Swaney of Stadium Journey ranked the 127 best stadium experiences in college football. Wake Forest University's BB&T Field came in at a very respectable 52nd. Where do the other ACC stadiums rank?
Other ACC stadiums:
- #1 Notre Dame Stadium (I'm sure Notre Dame haters think this is absurd)
- #11 Memorial Stadium (I'm sure Clemson fans think this is ridiculously low)
- #17 Carter-Finley Stadium (N.C. State)
- #18 Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium (Florida State. #FSUTwitter immediately explodes)
- #32 Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech)
- #43 Heinz Field (Pittsburgh Panthers. Seems way too high to me.)
- #62 Lane Stadium (Virginia Tech. Seems low to me.)
- #65 Papa John's Cardinal Stadium (Louisville)
- #67 Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
- #96 Sun Life Stadium (Miami)
- #98 Wallace Wade Stadium (Duke)
- #104 Scott Stadium (Virginia)
- #109 Kenan Memorial Stadium (UNC)
- #115 Alumni Stadium (Boston College. Advantage Wake Forest in #therivalry)
Do you all agree with the ranking of BB&T Field and other stadiums you've been to or seen on tv? I do think Heinz Field is way too high considering that it's mostly empty when the Steelers aren't playing. Having been to Doak Campbell, I have to say that that ranking is simply too low. I'd even put the experience above Notre Dame. Of course when I visited FSU the Deacs won 12-3 and when I visited Notre Dame the Deacs lost 38-0.
Aside from the obvious of winning games, what do you think could add to the experience of spending a Saturday afternoon at BB&T Field?