The Wake Forest Demon Deacons will travel to Raleigh, North Carolina on Saturday to take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack. Below are some quick, initial thoughts on Saturday's game.
- North Carolina State opened as a 12-point favorite, went up to 13.5, but is now at 12.5.
- Wake Forest has not won in Raleigh since 2006.
- In ACC play, N.C. State is averaging 20 points per game, while they are allowing a whopping 38. Wake Forest is averaging a dreadful 11.4 points, while allowing 30 per contest.
- As of 11/1, N.C. State was ranked 49th nationally by Football Outsiders' S&P+ ratings. Wake Forest is ranked 113th.
- This is Wake Forest's best remaining chance at a win.
- State has an excellent quarterback in Jacoby Brissett. The junior is averaging 220 passing yards/game, has 18 passing touchdowns to just 5 interceptions, with a passer rating of 134.65.
- Brissett is also a threat to run, as he averages 9 attempts and 28 rush yards per game.
- N.C. State has the 72nd best defense in the country according to Football Outsiders. I expect that number to become worse after they allowed 56 points to Georgia Tech on Saturday. State's offense is ranked 33rd, but I also expect that number to drop.
- Wake Forest has the 57th best defense and the 126th best offense.
Blogger So Dear will continue to have coverage of this game throughout the week. Go Deacs!