It's finally here. The first game of the year is 3 days, 5 hours, and 56 minutes away as I type this sentence. As all of you know, Wake kicks off their 2011 football campaign in the Carrier Dome on Thursday night at 8:00. We here at BSD have been incredibly busy with our lives and this has admittedly taken a backseat as classes rev up again and college gets in full swing.
That being said, we will of course be bringing all of the coverage for the game from today until Thursday. That includes a look at our roster, a look at Syracuse's roster, a Q and A with TNIAAM, predictions, sector breakdowns, and many other things that I can't think of right now. This is where you need to be for all the up-to-date action as game week unfolds.
Without further ado, let's take a look at the WFU depth chart for Thursday night!
- Keep in mind that some keys guys are banged up right now and are not listed as #1 in the depth chart (it was released on Friday). Hopefully Wilber,Camp, and Givens will be back and ready to go for Thursday,
- Wulfeck beat out Kinal for the starting punting job, but I would expect that to be a pretty fluid situation all year. Consistency is what was needed, and right now Alex Wulfeck is doing a better job of that than Kinal is.
- All-in-all, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the depth chart right now because of how many guys (particularly on defense) will be rotated in and out.
- I'm more than a little concerned about the experience of Ryan Nassib and the Syracuse receiving corps compared to Merrill Noel and possibly Jason Green starting at corner for us.
- Honestly I know as much about Syracuse as most Wake Forest fans, which is virtually nothing. I know that they have a pretty good QB and experience at wideout. Antwon Bailey is pretty good (5'7, 201...wow) too.
- Bromley and Goggins get the nod in the interior. Boatman behind Bromley. Should be a robust rotation there, though.
- Cam Lynch is punching his ticket as the second-choice SAM behind Vaughan.
- Scott and Anderson are your starters at the corner with Reddish and Lyn as second-choice looks.
- The Thomases will start. Hooray for destructive bodily harm.
- Prince-Tyson is your second back and your first-line returner on the kickoff team. Stab wounds are for the weak.