After several weeks/months of waiting, the ACC is finally slated to release the entirety of football schedules across the conference.
Blogger So Dear has several sources that have confirmed the schedule, and without further ado, here it is:
Click through the jump to take a look at the 2011 Wake Forest football schedule
9/3- @ Syracuse
9/17- Gardner Webb
10/1- @ Boston College
10/15- Virginia Tech
10/22- @ Duke
10/29- @ UNC
11/5- Notre Dame
11/12- @ Clemson
- I am going to go ahead and say that this is probably one of the top 5 schedules Wake Forest has ever faced in football.
- It is imperative to the Deac's bowl chances that they get out to at least a 3-1 start.
- The stretch from 10/8-11/12 s absolutely brutal, and winning 2-3 games seems like a "best-case scenario" to me at this point. (I will obviously make more concrete predictions when the schedule is verified and the football season gets closer).
- There are at least 6 winnable games on there for the Deacs (Cuse, State, GW, @BC, Maryland, Vandy, @ Duke), but we are going to have to really bring it this year and elevate our team from last year.
- As stated in several publications before, Wake Forest has a tremendous home schedule this year: NCSU, Gardner-Webb, FSU, VT, Notre Dame, Maryland, and Vanderbilt. There is absolutely no reason that a fan should not be extremely excited about the talent coming into Winston-Salem next year.
When this is confirmed by the ACC media/official office I will insert a (confirmed) label in the title (or maybe just change "unofficial" to "official". We are confident in our sources, but there is always a chance that there is a change, or miscommunication along the way, so we are certainly open to changes as well.
Comment away and as always...GO DEACS!!! Should be a fantastic football season to look forward to, regardless of record!