The classic Sunday afternoon final is no more as the conference announced they will be changing the ACC Tournament format and moving the championship game to Saturday evening, which moves the start of the tournament to Tuesday afternoon.
AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. - The Atlantic Coast Conference Men's Basketball Tournament will move to a Tuesday through Saturday format beginning with the 62nd annual event in 2015.
The new tournament schedule, mutually agreed upon by the ACC and ESPN, will feature Friday semifinal games at 7 and 9 p.m. ET, follow by the championship game on Saturday evening at 8:30 p.m. All 14 tournament games will continue to be televised nationally by ESPN and the ACC Network.
The known locations for upcoming tournaments are:
- 2015 Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2016 Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
- 2017 Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York
- 2018 Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York
- 2019 Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina
- 2020 Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina