Obviously, speculation abounds about the future - both immediate and long term - of the men's basketball program. Given this, I want to get an opinion from the BSD community about what would constitute reasonable expectations for next year's men's basketball team, with the following stipulations:
1) Assume Jeff Bzdelik and the entirety of the current coaching staff are retained. It's useless to speculate on the effect of a new coach without knowing the specific coach. Please do not post comments relating to Bzdelik's future unless they pertain to the expectations of the 2013-14 season.
2) Assume that there are no injuries to current players.
3) Assume a similar nonconference schedule of 12 games (lower profile ACC-B1G matchup, middling Thanksgiving tourney, one or two games against middling-to-bad major conference opponents, etc.).
4) Assume roughly an average conference schedule, with 18 games split evenly home/away and good teams/bad teams. Please keep in mind that the ACC adds Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse as conference members for basketball next season.
5) Assume no unexpected losses or additions, leaving the following players as roster changes:
Additions: Daniel Green - healthy after rehabilitating his knee with some additional developmental skill work; Miles Overton - 3* freshman shooting guard (6-4, 185 pounds)
Losses: CJ Harris
5a) By process of deduction from assumption 5, assume that Greg McClinton will redshirt.
6) Assume that all opponents have rosters of similar quality to this season. Yes, I know this is a hugely unrealistic assumption, but trying to project every ACC team at this stage would go well beyond what I expect of everyone here for this. A rough estimate will more than suffice.
So, with all of this in mind, what do you see as a reasonable win total for next year's team?