After a couple of busy days, tomorrow I will continue the breakdowns of the football offense next year, but tonight I will be at FCDS watch/tape some more of the summer league games.
6:30- McKie/Fields/CD (1-0) vs. HF's (LD/Chas/Weaver) (1-0)
7:30- Harris/Keenan/Green (1-0) vs. Guilford College (0-1)
8:30- JTT/Craig Dawson/Ingle (0-1) vs. Chennault/Fischer (0-1)
Click through after the jump for player stats through the first night and things to watch for.
Questions and Things to Watch for Tonight
- Will Anthony Fields plays tonight. Still recovering from surgery on his wrist. I would love to get some footage of him.
- Can J.T. Terrell bounce back from his funk in the first gam?. As strange as this sounds, he needs to demand the ball more and work harder to get his shots off/drive and finish.
- What exactly can Daniel Green bring to this team? I liked the fundamentals that he displayed in the first game, despite an odd looking shot (very direct). Really want to see him get the ball in the post and see what he can do. Against Guilford College (and big man Justin Stafford), it will be a good test for him.
- Can Chase Fischer keep draining shots at the rate he did on Monday? I know he won't keep up his 2.33 point per shot average, but if he can get 20-25 again on 10-13 shots then that would be very strong. I also want to see what he can bring off the ball on offense and defensively.
- Will Tony Chennault continue to improve? I was a little disappointed in what I saw from Tony on Monday and want to see if he can take over a floor leader's role the rest of the summer league. Got to the rim well, but he has still got to learn how to finish.
I hope you will either make it out to FCDS for at least a game or two, but if you can't, I will bring updates periodically along with comments. Depending on who is playing I may be doing some video work, but if you post a question I will answer it ASAP. Should have the recaps up shortly after the games (around 10), and the videos up around 11-12 (I promise that will be up tonight unless if something goes wrong technologically). I will also do a better job so more can be gained than was on Monday.